Category: community

Swamp Listing: The Fine Print

FSOT: random indio in EUC, size 5. Used lightly in a large stash; selling because it’s just not my color. Soft enough for littles but supportive for bigs in a multi-layer carry! Asking (insert less than I paid here) ppd…

Amish Ladies Out-Crunch You

Recently, we visited Nana’s Amish  next-door neighbors (and by “next-door,” I mean “the next farm down the road”). And somewhere in between the pickle-canning, the organic turkeys, and the barefoot herd of children, I realized something. I will never out-crunch…

Only Need One Challenge

Starting Monday, the Facebook group Everyday Babywearing is having an “Only Need One” challenge. For one week, participants will use only one carrier. Because, as we try to tell everyone: despite the stash shots, the wrap fads, the buy-buy-buy latest-and-greatest mentality, you…

Breaking Down the Baby K’Tan Debacle

Recently, this photo hit the internet: two Baby K’tans, two different packagings, two different prices. Many people have decried it as racism: the African American woman is pictured alone; the white woman comes complete with rugged manpanion. The white woman’s…

Babywearing and Class

You walk into a room in your easy-to-find, off-the-rack carrier. You bought it at Target, or a consignment store, or even a yard sale. You know it’s not the best thing out there, but it’s what you’ve got, and you…

You’re a Babywearer If …

wrappingb

I’ve said before that I hate the word “babywearing” (thanks, Dr. Sears). But I hate the word “babywearer” more. The noun form makes me squicky, because when you start labeling people rather than actions – think “attachment parent” versus “co-sleeping”…